The skin is the largest organ of the body and requires great care to avoid problems such as itching, dryness, dullness, oiliness, etc. When it comes to skincare, we all wants to look for the best, quickest and most effective products and procedures to keep it supple, moisturized and glowing. However, finding an effective product that can take care of our skin is a challenges as a single product may not make a difference and may leave the skin in a worse condition than it was before using that product.
It is best to know your way around the kitchen because some of the best fixes to your skincare concerns may be lying around the house. All you need is a little creativity and know how to whip up simple hacks that naturally improve your skin tone, moisture content and make you glow.
It’s important to make sure that you are doing everything you can for your skin; between make up, skincare products, haircare and all else, it’s hard to figure out what you actually need as skincare products can sometimes cost a lot of money; with different brands to choose from, it all boils down to the same ingredient with similar organic contents.
Is your skin feeling a little dry? Itchy? Or just plain dull? Do you want to add a bit of extra shine and brightness to your face? Here are 15 ridiculously simple skincare hacks from your kitchen which you can use to pamper your skin and get the same results that big brands offers.
- Need an exfoliating body scrub? Grab your sugar or salt; add a drop of olive or coconut oil (or any oil, especially if you have dry skin). Mix thoroughly and scrub away dead cells. Repeat after a week or two.
- Oily face? or acne prone neck and back? Get good old ACV; dilute it with 50% clean water. Use as face toner to cleanse away oil and grim. Wow! Here comes clear flawless face. Use at night mainly or dilute further if you are feeling any irritation.
- Dark feet? Remove unsightly dark skin on your feet by soaking in a solution of white vinegar. It’s not just for cleaning the house soaking for 30minites, rinse and repeat twice a week soft, clean feet in back.
- Do you have dry skin? Yet absolutely hate rubbing moisturizer? Not to worry, many folks are lazy when it comes to rubbing cream all the time. Here comes the help; make a solution of 50% pure water and 50% coconut oil. It doesn’t mix but no worries. Just put in a spray bottle. Shake well and spray on the body. There you have it oil and water leaves your skin moisturized.
- Open pores is a problem for many, the hack? Put together baking soda and cinnamon powder. Use it as face scrub twice a week. Bye-bye to open pores.
- Sensitive, itchy skin? Take an oat bath. Grind your favorite morning oats into fire powder put half a cup in your tub soak for 15minites and rinse. There you go! No itching, no scratching. The alternative is milk, all from the kitchen.
- Woke up with puffy eyes? Conceal sleepless night with your teabag. Immense two teabags in hot water, allow to cool, Place them over your closed eyes relax and poof your eye bags are gone.
- No face mask to tighten pores? Just hold on. Get your rice water while it’s hot, sprinkle gelatin (mama uses it for cakes and soups), mix the two while hot, allow to cool, then apply to your washed face. Wait for 20minites, and then peel off. Ta da… your own kitchen spa!
- Acne not allowing you go make-up free? Get turmeric powder, add a little honey, mix thoroughly and spread on your face. Leave on for about 10minutes, wash off and apply Aloe gel to reduce acne, repeat weekly to clear it.
- Dark spot? Use lemon pieces. Get a slice of lemon or lime, rub on the spot, leave on for 20 minutes or less depending on your skin type. Rinse off and apply moisturizer. Repeat often for best result.
- Need a steam your face and no fancy steamer? Boil water on your kettle when it boils, pour into a bucket, cover your head with a towel and carefully steam your face.
- Need a makeup remover? Get a clean bottle, add equal volume off water and oil, shake well and use with cotton wool before wiping again with your favorite cleanser.
- Is your bath water hard and doesn’t allow your soap to foam? Ok! Put a teaspoon of baking soda in the water before bathing.
- Do you feel all itchy after a bath? Put a teaspoon of Epsom salt in warm water and add to your bathwater or just soak in it for relief.
- Need something to deal with stretchmark? Grab your coffee grounds and scrub away 2 times a week! No coffee grounds? Get instant coffee and mix with ground orange peels, gently scrub and don’t forget to apply castor oil or coconut oil on the area after scrubbing. Even better; make carrot oil with grated carrots and coconut oil, apart from vitamin A, carrots also contain vitamin C which plays a major role in the production of pro-collagen, a precursor for collagen synthesis.
There you have it, what’s your favorite skincare hack form your kitchen? Do let us know on the comment area. Thanks for reading, if you have any question don’t hesitate to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.